EUNIC in Brussels is looking for a cultural project coordinator for the Transpoesie poetry festival in 2023.
The Project Manager is responsible for implementing EUNIC Brussels' thematic project, the Transpoesie poetry festival. He or she will lead the working group of the cluster and will act as project leader throughout each stage of its development:
- Preparing the call for participation
- Identifying partners
- Applying for grants
- Budgeting and financial management
- Coordinating the working group
- Coordinating with the partners
- Project-related communication
- Implementation of the event(s)
- Evaluation and reporting.
The tasks demand organization, communication, and time management skills, such as the ability to work independently and to delegate tasks to the working group members often under time pressure.
The festival takes place in the autumn, starting around the 25th of September until the 31st of September. The development stages start in the beginning of May (around the 3rd of May). The tasks require one month of work time spread throughout the six months of preparations.
EUNIC Brussels is the framework through which EU national cultural institutions, with a permanent presence in Belgium, together with their networks throughout Europe cooperate in the development and execution of multilateral cultural projects.
The TRANSPOESIE project was launched in Brussels in the autumn of 2011 for the European Day of Languages, celebrated throughout Europe every year on 26 September. Inspired by the successful and long-standing Poems on the Underground in London and Wiersze w Metrze in Warsaw, as well as similar projects run in various capital cities all over the world such as Paris, New York, and Montreal, EUNIC Brussels brings contemporary European poetry into the Brussels public space. The festival celebrates multilingualism by presenting poetry in as many languages as possible and marks the annual European Day of Languages and Linguistic Diversity on 26 September by organizing literary events. Over the past 11 years, close to 200 European poets have presented their poems in the framework of the project.
You can find more about Transpoesie here >> http://transpoesie.eu
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work in multicultural teams and environments;
- Experience in project management;
- Good teamwork and personal communication skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Proficiency in English language (written and spoken);
Skills that would be an additional asset:
- Knowledge of French or Dutch;
- Experience in cultural management
- Coordinating the project working group. Defining tasks, dividing tasks, follow up;
- Preparing project applications;
- Project management;
- Keeping regular contact with international partners, poets, local partners, venues, and designers, among others;
- Organizing communication strategy and preparing communication materials,
- An inclusive work environment with passionate colleagues from all corners of Europe;
- The position will run for the 2023 edition of the Festival with the possibility of renegotiation of the terms for the next editions;
- 3000 EUR TTC to be paid based on a contract in two parts, 1500 by the end of June and 1500 by the end of September.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com by 15th of April 2023.
The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position, both comprised in a single pdf document that includes the first and last name of the candidate as the document name.
Selected candidates will be notified at the end of April.
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our social media for more information on previous editions of the festival: