Transpoesie 2023 celebrates the power of words, the beauty of nature, the architecture of Art Nouveau, and the vital role that women play in shaping our society and the world.
Transpoesie celebrates the unique relationship between poetry, nature, and architecture, creating living environments that inspire and ignite the imagination celebrating also the unique, seductive, and evocative creations of the Art Nouveau period in a very special way.
This year Transpoesie will amplify feminine voices in European poetry in joining the celebration of Art Nouveau in Brussels, adding their own poetic angle to it. We are creating a series of unforgettable events, featuring female poets from all over Europe, in beautiful, surprising, secret, and unexpected locations throughout the city.
Transpoesie is not just about stage performances or taking back the public space. It's about bringing people together to experience the magic of poetry in a unique and unforgettable way.
From 26 to 30 September in Brussels and online @Transpoesie and at www.transpoesie.eu
All events are free of charge
The TRANSPOESIE poetry festival is organised for the 13th consecutive year by EUNIC Brussels, the European Union National Institutes for Culture based in the Belgian capital and its partners. The festival celebrates multilingualism by bringing poetry in dozens of languages to Brussels. It marks the annual European Day of Languages and Linguistic Diversity on 26 September by organising a series of events (click on the events for more information and registration):
Publications in the public space: poems published in their original language with translations in French and Dutch.
During the live events, handouts or pjojections with English translations will be available for the audience.
- 10:00 - 12:00 - performance & debate @ théâtre Sésame, Libraries Schaarbeek (Avenue Lambermontlaan 200, 1030)
- 10:00 - 12:00 - performance @ De Lettertuin, Library St-P-Woluwe, (Grote Prijzenlaan 63 Avenue des Grands Prix, 1150)
- 15:00 - 17:00 - poetry writing requests on demand @ Trammuseum (Avenue de Tervu(e)renlaan 364b, 1150)
- 15:00 - 16:00 - performance on the Tram, start Trammuseum, (Avenue de Tervu(e)renlaan 364b, 1150)
- 16:00 - 17:00 - performance on the Tram, start Trammuseum, (Avenue de Tervu(e)renlaan 364b, 1150)
- 19:00 - 22:00 - performance @ Liszt Institute Brussels (Treurenberg 10, 1000)
Transpoesie 2023 will happen at different venues all around Brussels. Check the map below for details.