The opening event of Transpoesie 2019 will bring into action once again contemporary poets and their poetry.
For the third year in a row MuntPunt and Transpoesie join forces to present to the poetry enthusiast of Brussels a great selection of literary talents from across Europe.
Set up in the Literary Salon of the library, this unique poetry-reading event will allow you to discover the works of five poets from different European countries. They will read in their own languages while translations of the poems will be projected simultaneously.
Be part of the celebration of diversity of European languages and discover fresh, contemporary poetry from all corners of Europe.
In the spotlight:
- Luis GARDE from the Basque Country (Spain) holds a degree in philology. He has published eight collections of poems and he wrote a novel, which won the Euskadi Prize.
- Jan ŠKROB, born in Prague, in the Czech Republic, is the author of two books of poetry. His poetry teeters at the intersections of the personal and the political, the fictitious and the real.
- the poetry of Lív Maria RÓADÓTTIR JÆGER, from the Faroe Islands has appeared in cross-disciplinary collaborations involving electronic music and choral work.
- the multitalented Elmar KUIPER * from Friesland (The Netherlands) is active as writer of poetry and drama, visual artist, performer, filmmaker, songwriter and singer.
- Edna AZULAY * from The Netherlands is a poet and a performer and she writes for the stage. She is currently working on a theatre piece about nightlife, gentrification and desire.
For the full program of the festival click here.
* The same evening Elmar Kuiper and Edna Azulay will perform on the stage of deBuren in the framework of the minifestival Avond van de Afrikaanse roman.
>>> Muntpunt | Muntplein 6, 1000 Brussels
>>> 26 September 2019 - 7 PM
>>> Free event upon registration >>>